- 1/2 head of cabbage, thinly sliced (salt in advance and let drain for 20 minutes). We like to quarter the cabbage and use a mandolin to get thin, even slices.
- 2 red fresno chiles, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped rau ram
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced. Soak in cold water for 10 minutes to cut the strong flavor. We like to quarter the red onion and use a mandolin to get thin, even slices.
- 4 tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tbsp New Bae Seasoning fish sauce
- 2 birds eye chiles, thinly sliced (remove seeds if you don't want it as spicy)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Make nuoc cham. Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce, and sugar. Stir until the sugar is mostly dissolved. Add in the garlic and birds eye chiles. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
2. Prep all the ingredients for the salad and mix together in a large bowl.
3. Add the nuoc cham to your salad, toss, and enjoy!