12 jumbo shrimp head on & unpeeled (1 lb.) 1 stick butter
⅓ cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Red Boat Fish Sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1½ tablespoons coarsely ground black pepper 1 tablespoon garlic, very finely minced
1 tablespoon. paprika
Several stems of rosemary (or 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced)
½ teaspoon cayenne (or red pepper flakes) 1 crushed bay leaf (or ¼ tsp. ground)
½ teaspoon kosher salt
lemon slices, charred
1. Melt the butter and olive oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the fish sauce, ground pepper, paprika, garlic, rosemary, amd lemon juice.
3. Mix well, cook over medium heat for a several minutes then take off the burner and let it sit for about twenty minutes to let the garlic soften and the flavors develop.
4. Cut quarter inch thick slices of lemon, lay on a cookie sheet & run under a broiler until caramelized. Set aside.
5. Turn the heat on under the sauce then add the shrimp & cook until done about 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Remove and serve in bowls with toasted french bread & lemon slices.
As originally seen on Franglo-Saxon Cooks.