1 pound green (unripe) tomatoes
½ cup mint leaves
¼ cup peanuts, crushed
1 garlic clove
1 Thai bird chilies
½ cup ripe cherry tomatoes
2 tablespoons Red Boat Palm Sugar (or turbinado sugar)
1 tablespoon Red Boat Mam Nem
2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Slice green tomatoes into ¼” slices. Set aside in a mixing bowl.
2. Using a flat serving spoon and a mortar and pestle, make a dressing by pounding garlic and chilies to a paste. Use the pestle to pound and the spoon to scrape down the sides. Add tomatoes and crush until tomatoes release their juices. Add limes, sugar, and mam nem and mix to combine.
3. Add dressing to sliced green tomatoes. Toss to incorporate the dressing into the tomatoes. Let tomatoes steep in dressing for at least 15 minutes.
4. Add mint and gently toss.
5. Transfer salad to a plate and garnish with crushed peanuts.