- 24oz green beans
- 4 shallots
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp Red Boat Fish Sauce
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tbsp salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Ice, for ice bath
1. Rinse and clean your green beans. In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. Add your salt. When boiling, add your green beans. Bring back to a boil.
2. Blanch your green beans for 4-5 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking.
3. In a pan over medium-low, add your sliced almonds and toast until lightly brown. Remove from the pan.
4. Add oil and your shallots. Stir until slightly softened. Add your Red Boat Fish Sauce and stir to combine.
5. Cook over low until the shallots begin to caramelize, about 20-25 minutes.
Deglaze the pan with lemon juice and add your green beans. Toss to coat in shallots.
6. Saute for 2-3 minutes until green beans are slightly softened and warm. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with toasted almonds.