1 pound radishes
1 small onion
2 cilantro roots (or 1 tablespoon coriander seeds)
3/4 cup Red Boat Fish Sauce
1/4 cup water
1 cup vinegar
2 cups turbinado sugar
1. Prepare the brine: Add fish sauce, water, vinegar, and sugar to a pot and bring to a boil. Set aside.
2. Wash and scrub radishes to remove any grit. Remove stems and slice radishes into ¼-inch coins.
3. Cut the onion into thin slices.
4. If using cilantro roots, smash the roots with the blade of your knife, to release their flavor. If using coriander seeds, leave them whole.
5. Pack radishes, onion, and cilantro roots (or coriander seeds) into a glass jar and pour in warm brine to cover the vegetables.
6. Pickles are ready to eat after a day of brining.