Recipes courtesy Braden Wages of Malai Kitchen
Thai Corn Cakes
makes 4 servings
2 cup Corn, off the cob
¼ cup Green onions, chopped
¼ cup Red bell pepper, minced
¼ cup Shallots, minced
1 cups All-purpose flour
1 tsp Sugar
2 ea Egg yolks
1 cups Cold water
2 Tbl Red Boat fish sauce
1 tsp Red Boat sea salt
For garnish Cilantro sprigs
- Add flour and sugar and mix well.
- Add water and egg yolks to mixture and stir to incorporate well.
- Add Red Boat fish sauce.
- Add corn kernels, green onions, bell peppers, and shallots.
- Heat a fry pan on medium heat. Using a 1 oz. ladle, pour batter into pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Corn cakes should be ¼” thick and golden brown.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs and a small pinch of Red Boat salt.
SHARE FISH SAUCE WITH THE WORLD: